Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alone in the Darkness














Don’t know why it all stings so much….
In darkness I swallow pain,
Longing for kind touch,
Feeling alienated and alienating.

Missing my old self
And needing my friends;
Reaching for the top shelf,
Hoping darkness will end.

I am venomous;
Indeed, I wonder why.
Analyzing the tempestuous,
Trying not to cry.

Darkness reigns
Because peace is shattered;
Frustration rains
Because I don’t matter.

In darkness, I cling to God;
In darkness, I have no friends;
In darkness, I am beaten;
In darkness, I see no end.

Don’t know why it all stings so much;
As I miss my old self, I am venomous
Because darkness reigns – rains to no end.

For, I am alone in the darkness,
Shoving others away;
Yet, on the inside, I hope they stay,
So I don’t have to cry alone as darkness rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment