Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trinity Lutheran College Saved My Life


About a year ago, I walked across a stage and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies, but the time spent at Trinity Lutheran College was about more than the degree. Earning a degree from Trinity is one of the greatest honors of my life. College was something that a lot of people, myself included, thought would never happen for me.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank Dr. Jeff Mallinson for inviting me to attend Trinity Lutheran College – the experience saved my life. In addition to an amazing education, I met a lot of great people along the way at Trinity. I can’t begin to tell you how much I miss them (you) all! Since transferring to Trinity, I’ve had one desire and that’s to make the people of Trinity proud because they gave me so much in such a short time. Today, one of my best friends in the world graduated from Trinity and I am so proud of him and have nothing but respect for him. Lance, you’ve earned this moment and I hope you enjoy it. Also, thank you for the impact you’ve had in my life.

When I think of the value that Trinity Lutheran College has had in my life, I get pretty emotional. Jeff, I know you’d probably rather I not sing your praises because you’re a humble man, but you really did save my life by inviting me to join the Trinity community. I’ll never be able to thank you enough and, sincerely, hope that I make you and the college proud once I get back on my feet.

At present moment, I’m going through the toughest financial season I think I have ever endured and need a job to pay for the education I have received. If it weren’t for my time at Trinity, I’d be in a different place today. Trinity Lutheran College was a door that opened for me in a time of need and struggle. Thus, Trinity holds a very special place for me, as a reminder that doors can be opened, when you least expect them, and if we have the courage to walk through the door who knows how it could change our lives. If I can express gratitude for the college and the people that changed my life – when I am more afraid of not being able to survive than I have ever been – then there’s no telling what I could do with the gifts given to me at Trinity.

Trinity Lutheran College, here’s to making you proud: thank you for the education, thank you for the revolution of faith, thank you for the many friends, and thank you for believing in my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment