Friday, April 1, 2011

For Whom the Bell Tolls: the Seasons Change

When the bell of change tolls we can ride it like a resounding gong or let it fade into indifference. The bell tolls for me. I face the next chapter of my life and I’ve chosen to face it differently. Never, did I think my dreams would change. Sadly, some dreams were not enough for me to ride the gong. A lot of self-evaluation has shown me, timing is important.

The bell tolls for me, yet again, as I face the fate of a different future. Soon, I will know whether I am up against surgery number ten or a road of physical therapy – the more things change, the more they stay the same. In this case, I will ride the resounding gong and do what must be done to return to a strong and healthy state. Having been through similar trials, I know this will take all the endurance and sacrifice I can muster – it is my priority.

Earlier today, I was reminded of prior bell toll of change. In about six weeks, it will have been three years since the passing of my mother. Remembering this event, I know that the bell tolls for us all and I am thankful for my place in life no matter how challenging it may be. God has provided, I may not have everything the way I’d like it, but life could be much worse, or the final bell could toll and it could end. The more I learn, the less I know as I walk down this road. I thank God for all that I have and for all that has come and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment